1.09.2009

the intro: specificity

this is my blog. it was something else, but now it is this. i was trying to be specific, have a specific theme, specific idea run through all my postings, specific content, specific ideas. but after a long, very important conversation with a friend, who is wise and smart and funny and writes one of the best blogs i have read (please see the link in the right column), after being told that my writing is analytical and interesting, after hearing him repeat things that a very wise woman has told me other and over again throughout my entire life (yes, that means you, MOM), i have decided to revamp this blog. it is now specific to, well, ME.

these are my ideas, my thoughts, my truth. it will be silly, it will be disjointed, it will passionate, it will be specifically me.


"I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it."
William Faulkner

"If you wish to be a writer; write!"
Epictetus

"You don't write because you want to say something; you write because you've got something to say."
Unknown Source

4 comments:

Bill Raddatz said...

Cool! Go for it! Like I always say (sometimes), an idea does not exist until you at least write it down. The it is real

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.