1.26.2009

funny ha ha

i was told that i looked like a terrorist this morning. by my bus driver. he was joking. but do you want to know why he said such a thing? because apparently i am the ONLY person in this town who wears a scarf across her face when it is 9 degrees outside. that's right. i wear layers, gloves, a hat down over my ears and a scarf; not just around my neck, but covering my nose and mouth. the reason? i like to be warm.

yes. it is THAT simple.

and while it has been (pretty much) scientifically proven that breathing in cold air can not specially CAUSE a cold or the flu, it does cause your body to not be able to keep viruses out of your body. and there's that whole wheezing thing. not my cup of tea ya'll! and well, the simple truth is, it down right hurts to have cold air on my face, up my nose and in my lungs. i mean, i may just be the odd person out on the whole idea of staying warm and comfy. and i am fine with that. i just have ONE small favor to ask:

when i walk by you, please don't look at me like i am dumb. cause guess what. if you are looking at me like i am dumb, the logical response from my little brain is to think that you, in fact, are the dumb one...as you stand there in your hoodie, waiting for the bus, hands jammed as far down in your pockets as you can as if your body believes the farther in your pocket they are, the thicker the fabric is, rolling your eyes as i walk by....

wait. you know what? never mind. roll all you want. just hope they don't freeze that way :)

1 comment:

Bill Raddatz said...

I think that the air below freezing temps can have a nasty effect on the mucous membranes in certain folks (me included) so that they become enflamed which can result in the tissue becoming a good place for infection to grow. If I stay outside for more than a few minutes when it is below freezing without a scarf to breath through, I get a sore throat or infection in my nasal cavities within a day or so. It is too consistent to be coincidence.